Friday, April 24, 2015

A good slam.

This is a hand I had posted to bridgebase forums a long time back, as a play problem for intermediate players.

You are South, playing IMPS/Rubber and reach 6H.

How will you play on a club lead?

IMPS
None 
 North
♠ AKJT3
♥ AQJ
♦ AJ2
♣ A5



   




 South
♠ 62
♥ K6542
♦ KT843
♣ 3


[I will post the suggested line in a few days. Please feel free to comment.]

Suggested line (Posted July 23rd 2015, sorry, had forgotten about this)


When I posted this problem to bridge base forums, I had included the information that you win the CA, play AQ of trumps, RHO showing out. I missed that when posting on the blog.

In that scenario, the suggested line was to run the DJ. Now I am not so sure if this is a good problem for intermediate players.

No comments:

Post a Comment